Job Title: Sr/Research Associate CRISPR Technologies
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Exempt
Date: June 6, 2022
Manager: SVP, R&D
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Code: BSB-22-034
BlueSphere Bio was founded to deploy its novel TCXpress technology to unlock the potential of personalized T cell therapy for the treatment of cancer by harnessing the unique specificity of each patient’s T cells for the molecular fingerprint of each patient’s cancer.
Our trailblazing, proprietary TCXpress platform is an elegant, rapid approach that exploits the patient’s immune defenses to attack their cancer specifically and is designed to leave normal tissues untouched, thereby reducing harmful side effects.
The TCXpress platform and its implementation will deliver rapid, personalized T cell treatments for various cancer indications.
We are seeking an exceptionally talented and highly motivated Research Associate/ Sr Research Associate with knowledge in molecular Biology, Gene-Specific knock-down, and knock-in via Homologous Directed Repair (HDR) using CRISPR/Cas9 and sister technologies to join a growing team in the Research and Discovery Team at Bluesphere Bio. This position aims to develop an effective process and technology to express TCR-T gene products via a non-viral approach in autologous and allogeneic primary T cells. The ideal candidate should have training in molecular biology in CRISPR/Cas9 and related technology in primary cells and cell lines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and conduct experiments to evaluate non-viral targeting of gene loci in primary T cells and other cells using various gene editing technologies and methods of delivery to enhance recombination and expression.
- Develop non-viral TCR-T gene product candidates for personalized T cell immunotherapies against cancer and other diseases.
- Perform PCR, qPCR, Sanger Sequencing, and other routine molecular biology methods to evaluate off/on target effects.
- Collaborate with other BSB scientists to advance new technologies
- Clearly communicate, present, and defend critical activities for successful program progression.
- Follow critical path activities to complete essential projects required to meet key corporate objectives in a timeline fashion.
- Primary and Cell line culture
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bacherlor +3 yr experience in Academia/Industry or Masters with a background in Molecular Biology and Immunology/
- Knowledge and some hands on experience in gene-editing technology, including CRISPR/Cas9, and other technologies, such as Talen/Zinc-Fingers is a plus..
- Advanced molecular biology techniques, including cloning and gene expression systems in eukaryotic and bacterial cells is a plus.
- Basic bioinformatic analysis and high-throughput screens are a plus.
- Proven skills in primary mammalian cell culture, including T cells and other hemopoietic and non-hemopoietic cells, is highly desired.
- Basic flow cytometry and activated fluorescence cell sorting are a plus but not required.
- Cell based assay development, cell culture of cell lines, and assay development.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- You will be expected to occasionally (1% to 20% of the time):
- Climb stairs, ramps, ladders. Etc.
- Stoop/crouch by bending your legs or bending down/forward at the waist
- Reach by extending the hands/arms
- Stand on your feet
- Lift objects from one level to another (30 lbs. or less)
- Carry objects (30 lbs. or less)
- Travel (negligible)
- You will be expected to frequently (21% to 50% of the time):
- Walk around the facility on foot
- You will be expected to constantly (at least 51% of the time):
- Sit in a normal seated position
BlueSphere Bio is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. email@example.com