Job Title: Manager, Procurement
FLSA Status: Full-Time/Exempt
Date: June 1, 2022
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Code: BSB-22-020
BlueSphere Bio was founded to deploy its novel TCXpress technology to unlock the potential of personalized T cell therapy for the treatment of cancer by harnessing the unique specificity of each patient’s T cells for the molecular fingerprint of each patient’s cancer.
Our trailblazing, proprietary TCXpress platform is an elegant, rapid approach that exploits the patient’s immune defenses to attack their cancer specifically and is designed to leave normal tissues untouched, thereby reducing harmful side effects.
The TCXpress platform and its implementation will allow us to deliver rapid, personalized T cell treatments for various cancer indications.
This position will primarily be responsible for purchasing all lab supplies and services while ensuring that all vendor payments are accurate and made on a timely basis. Participates with a team of professionals to provide strategic guidance and ensures all support activities are executed safely, efficiently, and effectively. This includes managing lab purchasing, assisting with processing all invoices into our accounting system, matching P.O.s to invoices, and monitoring payments made. The Purchasing Manager reports to the Controller and is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all supply and service purchasing through Electronic Lab Notebook (“ELN”) and other purchasing systems (i.e., Amazon, Office Depot, Uline, etc.);
- Works with leaders and groups to identify needs and prioritize activities;
- Prepare and monitor the budgets regularly. Assist in preparation of monthly/quarterly budget reporting to internal and external stakeholders;
- Manage purchases against the budget. Prioritize the advancement of corporate goals and ensure maximizing the effective use of the budget to support various programs;
- Coordinate and manage the storage of inventories for each project with the assistance of the Lab manager;
- Manage oversight of all contract workers and ensure all contractor workers meet the Company’s requirements;
- Represent the Administrative group in meetings with laboratory colleagues, clinical study teams and other staff to identify outside lab contracting needs, develop appropriate documents, ensure proper legal review, and proactively manage contract renewals;
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure accurate invoice management/payments;
- Stay up-to-date with best practices in purchasing and invoice management;
- Moderate physical activity, including unloading inventory.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain, finance, science, or related field;
- Minimum three (3) years of procurement-related experience including inventory, operations, finance and budgets;
- Working knowledge of accounting principles;
- Basic understanding of the need for proper controls;
- Detail-oriented, accurate;
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech environment;
- Experience with QuickBooks and/or NetSuite;
Physical and Mental Requirements
- You will be expected to occasionally (1% to 20% of the time):
- Climb stairs, ramps, ladders, etc.
- Stoop/crouch by bending your legs or bending down/forward at the waist
- Reach by extending the hands/arms
- Lift objects from one level to another (30 lbs. or less)
- Carry objects (30 lbs. or less)
- Travel (<5%)
- You will be expected to frequently (21% to 50% of the time):
- Walk around the facility on foot
- Stand on your feet
- You will be expected to constantly (at least 51% of the time):
- Sit in a normal seated position
BlueSphere Bio is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please send a cover letter to apply for this position (including job code) and a CV/Resume. Internal candidates interested in this opportunity should submit their CV/Resume within 2-weeks of the posting date above and explain why you are interested in this position.apply